For the casual tourists, they immediately think of the kangaroo or the koala when they hear the word Australia. The country is worth the visit because you can get the most out of your trip. You can marvel at the Great Barrier Reef, the mystical Blue Mountains, the famous Bondi Beach, and the architectural wonder that is the Sydney Opera House. But beyond those iconic animals and attractions, what makes Australia great is its people. Go around Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane, and you will meet the small store owners, entrepreneurs, food servers, and retailers who all have their stories to tell.
Today, it would be almost a miracle for a business to survive without a website. Australians use their phone for just about anything.
According to Deloitte, more than 9 in 10 Aussies own a smartphone, and about a quarter of them use the device to shop online. They are also using it as their mobile wallet through e-payment solutions.
But a static, non-functioning website is a waste of money and effort. It is essentially a white elephant that does not add value to your business. The only way to compete is to hire the best seo services Australia to help optimise your website and make it earn money for you 24/7.
What is Content Strategy
The strategy involves the planning, creation, delivery, and governance of the text and multimedia content on your website. The primary objective is to have a cohesive and structured content that relays the message you want to convey to your audience and help enhance their experience.
But how do you create meaningful content that resonates with your target audience?
- Identify your goals and objectives — As already mentioned, you create content to fulfil a purpose. So, it would be impossible to populate your website with words and photos or videos when you have not identified your goals clearly. For example, if you want to establish your authority in your field, blogs and podcasts will help you get there. Meanwhile, uploading videos for product demos will help boost conversion.
- Be consistent with your voice — Your website should be an extension of your company’s culture. As such, you need to be consistent with the language, terms used, tenor of voice, and the design. Consistency ensures that your readers will not get confused about what you are trying to say. You speak the language of your target audience, and you need analytics for this. By collecting and parsing data from user and market research, you will have a better idea of who your visitors are.
- Post regularly — For small companies, they can post a blog at least once or twice a week. Large corporations have to post daily or multiple times a day. The idea is to make people believe that your website–and by extension, your company–is still active. More importantly, you will be penalised by Google and drop your ranking if you do not always update your website. Speaking of blogs, Google tends to reward lengthy articles that are 2,000 words or so. However, you also have to appeal to your audience. If the topic is too complicated, you can break it into digestible pieces so that the readers will have time to breathe.
- Optimise your content — You may have the most illuminating blogs on your website but if you can’t reach your audience, does it even matter? One of the first steps you need to take is to make sure Google indexes your pages, videos, and articles so that they show up in results for relevant searches. The process is known as search engine optimisation, and you can tap the best seo services Australia to help you launch the campaign.
- Put forward a solution — To complete a story, the five W’s must be present–the Who, What, Where, When, and Why. But you also need to answer the How. If you are going to raise an issue, you must be ready to present a solution. Remember, your visitors are there because they have a concern and believe you have the answer. The last thing you want to do is disappoint them.
Finally, you always need to test your performance metrics to determine if the results of your content strategy are consistent with your goals. You can monitor the consumption metrics, how people are sharing your content (if at all), the leads generated, the conversion rate, and the returns on investment. The SEO agency should be able to provide you with a detailed report on all the crucial metrics to determine if your online marketing campaign is successful.